Sunday, July 14, 2019


Who Are You Listening To?

This morning, Facebook friend Kathi Dolph Mitchell posted the following:

"If you're not listening to God, Who are you listening to?" - Charles Stanley

This is so spot on! Folks don't realize that life supernatural is an either/or proposition. If not "A" then it will be "B". Intent does not necessarily play into it.

Spiritually speaking, there is no such thing as a void. If God is not there, then the devil is. Conversely, if God is there, the devil is not. Here’s the big difference. You must invite Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior into your life. The devil shows up unannounced and usually unnoticed.

Who are you listening to? Are you sure? You do realize that there is no third option. You do realize that you can’t be an isolated, independent entity of yourself, all to yourself, right?

It’s Heaven or hell (Sorry, no limbo or purgatory), God or the devil (Sorry, no demi-gods or Sort of gods. But there are plenty of false gods!)

The one true God is obvious. He will never lie, deceive, leave or forsake you.

The devil, well let’s just say that the devil will be anyone and do anything to hoodwink you into sin. The devil will do whatever it takes, including appearing as an angel of the light.

Look at what Jesus told the church of the Laodiceans.
“I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.” (Revelations 3:15-16)

Lukewarm, middle of the road, taking no stance nor sides spiritually will get them vomited forth. That’s a well-articulated and pretty graphic image. Also quite interesting when you consider that Jesus wants them to clearly understand and define themselves, saint or sinner, and to be whichever it is.

But the Laodiceans thought they had, “need of nothing”. Spritually speaking, too many people believe the same thing. Life’s pretty good, I have no real need of anything. I get most of my wants, I’m in pretty good health. So I’m happy. I’m good. I don’t need any help or assistance from some, “God”!

What folks don’t know, that Jesus does know (and told the Laodiceans, “knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked”. (Revelations 3:17)

As the song goes:
“Amazing Grace, How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now am found
T'was blind but now I see”

So, now that you can see, who are you listening to?

Bill Hitchcock


No comments: