Saturday, March 23, 2019


A Question About Abortion Supporters

I have a question about those who actively support abortion. If someone believes an abortion is moral, ethical and legal and they have a baby they want to abort, then there is at least some reasoning behind their active support of the abortion causes. It’s personal. It relates directly to them, so they participate in events, in social media and what not.

It is all the other people I am trying to figure out. Why would anyone actively support terminating a pregnancy, even if you don’t think it is killing a baby, if there is no direct impact on them? Who actively supports any medical procedure when it has no bearing or relevance to themselves? Especially a medical procedure as controversial as abortion?

I have an autoimmune disease. I speak out about that. If I wasn’t sick with it, I wouldn’t.

So why are so many actively supporting, demanding the expansion thereof, and pushing for increased government funding of a medical procedure, something as morally and ethically polemical and contentious as abortion, but has no relevance to that individual?

Why?

Bill Hitchcock

No comments: