Tuesday, November 13, 2018


True Liberty

“For so is the will of God, that with well doing ye may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men: As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.”
(1 Peter 2:15-16)

Liberty does not mean freedom to do as you please. That’s the definition of carnal lust. True liberty is to be released from constraints. It is freedom from bondage, free to do what pertains to salvation or the ability to omit anything that does not.

Liberty can be described as choice, or the ability to choose. Liberty does not free one from the consequences of their choice. The idea behind liberty is unfettered access to your choices.
When you choose Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, liberty affords you direct access to Christ with the freedom to worship Him as deemed proper.

Liberty is what Jesus is talking about when speaks about those who “labour” and are “heavy laden”.
“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30)

“My yoke is easy, and my burden light” is nothing more than Jesus saying that with Him, you have religious liberty, free from the constraints and shackles that have been placed on you by the church, your religion and the letter of the law.

Bill Hitchcock

No comments: