Thursday, November 29, 2018


How Can That Happen?

“And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.” (1 Corinthians 13:2)

Have you ever really thought about it? To have spiritual gifts, all knowledge and understanding and a faith that can move mountains, and yet be totally void of love with God. How does that happen? How can that happen?

It is a fair warning for each of us to check our status and relationship with God. Jesus said the great commandment was all about love. How can we be so immersed in Godly attributes without being in love? How can we access His essence without love?

I wish I had an answer. I don’t. I do know that we need to look at our relationship with God and see if it is rooted and founded first and foremost in love. What a sad state of affairs it would be to be graced with Godly gifts but have not the love of God in you.

It’s all about love. Everything else is a distant second.

Bill Hitchcock

No comments: