Thursday, September 19, 2019


I Will With My Own

“Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?” (Matthew 20:15)

How can anyone be mad at God or question our Lord and His authority if they understand that we are not our own, but a possession of God? It would only make sense if you thought yourself separate and independent of Him. After-all, what right would God have over us if we weren’t His? None. He would have power over us, but no right. That would be a very awkward and dangerous arrangement.
How can we, being soaked in original sin, be mad at the holy and righteous God?

We really need to investigate all negative and adverse feelings and thoughts towards God, for that root isn’t divine, but rather devilish.

Bill Hitchcock

No comments: