Monday, February 18, 2019

I Love Them That Love Me

“I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.” (Proverbs 8:17)

It is God that inspires that love. It is God that motivates us to seek Him. This love and yearning are His gifts to us.

God moves the spirit within the elect and predestined. Yes, we have free will. But God inspires our mind and spirit to the truth and glory of Him. He has to for man is fallen. Man’s current default state of being is sin-soaked and laden in unrighteousness. Without Gods inspiration, man will follow one course. Consciously or not, intentionally or not, man will fail God and pursue sin.

Man has free will and choice. But the playing field isn’t level due to the inherent sin in the skin and its unrighteous influence it has over us. God levels the field by quickening our spirit to righteousness and truth.

Bill Hitchcock

No comments: