Sunday, January 20, 2019

I Was Born This Way

“I can’t help it. I was born this way” Really? You were born that way. So you are telling me that you have no say in your own life? You’re telling me that you have zero control over yourself?

Regardless what you are or are not born with, each person still has their own will, their own mind, their own spirit which gives them the ability to choose. You are the captain of your vessel. You choose what prevails in your life. You choose the course. You choose who and what you are and who and what you are going to be.

Let me let you in on a secret. Everyone has experienced every urge of lust and passion. Everyone. As the Apostle Paul said, “There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man” (1 Corinthians 10:13). No inclination, desire, thought or lust needs to have an unwelcomed control over you.

To say, “I can’t help it. I was born this way” is a cop-out. Anyone that says that is trying to justify themselves without having to admit to who they are and commit themselves to that way of life. They are trying to lead a double life by doing “A” while attempting to be, “B”. It doesn’t work.

Here’s what needs to happen. You need to decide who you are, then what you do will follow. This is also the wish of Christ.

“I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.” (Revelation 3:15)

Saint or sinner, Jesus knows our works. Stop trying to lead a double life. Admit and commit to who you are. Don’t try to deny it. And don’t attempt to contort things in an attempt to justify it.

Bill Hitchcock

No comments: