Thursday, September 21, 2017

That I May Walk Before God

“For thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?” (Psalm 56:13).

Look how miraculous this one verse is!
1. God knows His children and has rescued us from certain death through Jesus Christ our Savior. Physically? No, for the body is temporal. It shall die and return back to the earth. God has saved our spirit, our eternal being.
2. God not only snatches us from death and destruction, but He hedges our path, keeping us headed towards Him!

Why has He done all of this? So we can be in His presence, in righteousness, with all of God’s elect!
“For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.” (Psalm 16:10-11).

Bill Hitchcock 

No comments: