Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Carnality

Carnality produces pride which begets contention and strife.

“Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom.” (Proverbs 13:10)
“For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?” (1 Corinthians 3:3)

I freely admit that I am guilty of the sin of pride. We all are. I am aware of pride that produces contention, I have repented of it and have given it to the Lord to absolve me from it. But, the carnal me seems to occasionally want to take it back from the Lord and play with it a while, just long enough that either myself or someone else gets hurt.

Stay in the Spirit and not in the carnal self. Give pride to the Lord and let it go. And don’t go and take it back, either!

“Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.” (James 4:10)
“Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.” (1 Peter 5:6-7)
“And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.” (Matthew 23:12)

Bill Hitchcock

No comments: