Wednesday, October 31, 2018


Now

“I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord” (Psalm 27:13-14).

The strength and depth of these two verses cannot be measured, weighed, or even properly communicated.

I wouldn’t be able to make it in this world of the walking dead if I didn’t know, truly know in my spirit and soul that my eventuality is with God and His promise. Where the future is no more, and the past is dissolved away, where I will be in the present, and in the presence of the true, the righteous, the loving.

This is what I wait for. The drop of time that is slow, steady and constant will turn into nothing but, “now”, an everlasting of bliss with our Creator.

The phrase, “I had fainted” which appears in italic in most Bibles, was added by the translator. It was done so with the upmost of good intentions, not just to make good sense of the sentence structure, but in an attempt to more clearly communicate the idea.

There are musical notations called, “rests” written into music that give instructions to the musician to stop playing or singing. In the Bible, primarily in the Book of Psalms the word, “Selah” is used to accomplish the same thing, but more importantly, it is to compel the listener to contemplate and ponder over what was just sung.

Pause and give this due thought and consideration: “Unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living”.

Stop and really investigate your soul and spirit with that question, the question which deposits you into the world and realm of, “What would I do if there was no God, no promise?”

What would you do in this domain if you did not believe there was a next?

Selah.

Bill Hitchcock

No comments: